“When making follow-up calls, how should I respond when a prospect says they haven’t made a decision yet and that they are still considering other options?”
The problem is this… 98% of the time this objection is a stall. I prefer to ELIMINATE these types of stalls from happening, rather than try and deal with them.
If you are getting this type of stall often, it is because you failed to ask the right sales questions on the previous call.
The “We Are Still Considering Other Options” is usually a sign that one or more of the following has happened:
- You aren’t speaking with the real decision maker. (It’s OK if you are not speaking with the ultimate decision maker, but it’s NOT ok if you DON’T KNOW they aren’t the real decision maker. Your sales strategy will adjust depending on the person’s role that you are speaking with. If you think they are the real DM and they are not, you are going to use the wrong strategy most of the time)
- You did NOT get commitment that the problem (that your solution solves) exists and or that they are committed to wanting a solution
- You failed to identify what their ideal solution looks like or would be
- You failed to identify their time frame
- You failed to identify HOW their decision will be made
- You failed to qualify them on price
- You failed to identify what the next steps are for moving forward
These are all critical sales steps that you missed (or don’t yet know how to execute) on the previous sales call. When you learn to map out and execute / intertwine all the key elements you need to know in order to win the sale, into the conversation, you will no longer have to deal with this type of objection.
ABOUT MICHAEL PEDONE
Michael Pedone, founder and CEO of SalesBuzz.com, is a name well known to many in the world of online business. After several success ventures, Michael started SalesBuzz. Michael recognized a crucial weakness in most sales companies’ seminars: the initial glow of enthusiasm whipped up by charismatic… more