When it comes to making a sale it’s always important to pay attention to every single detail no matter how small it is. We’ve seen many Realtors in our day make these simple mistakes that could actually be the difference between setting a closing date and calling for your next appointment. Here’s 11 sweet reminders of the little details you may occasionally forget:
1. Make sure your house has an appealing smell. Bake cookies, light a fragrant candle, place fresh bowls of potpourri in every room.
2. Lighting matters! Before a showing, open curtains and raise blinds in every room. Floor-lamps can help create a warm, inviting atmosphere.
3.Lighting matters! Before a showing, open curtains and raise blinds in every room. Floor-lamps can help create a warm, inviting atmosphere.
4. Never underestimate the power of curb appeal. Some well-placed shrubs and a newly painted door can transform your place from ho-hum to sensational.
5. Remove your personal memorabilia from the house. We want potential buyers to imagine themselves living there, not you.
6. Don’t forget, the kitchen is the most important room.
7. Communication counts! Remember that your real estate professional is always there to listen to your questions and concerns.
8. Details count! Clean all the windows, in and out. Polish doorknobs. Make sure hinges do not squeak.
9. Place fresh-cut flowers in your entryway to help potential buyers feel at home. Daffodils are always a good choice. The color yellow has been shown to trigger spending instincts in the human brain.
10. Never let your desperation show.
11. Above all, avoid sentimental thoughts about your house. Emotional attachments are a hindrance, when it comes to sales.